Friday, November 12, 2010

An Ideal Advertisement

How would you react if I told you that I had found a community that meets all of my needs? Every last thing that I could ever want, need, or dream of... it encompasses. Now what would you do if I told you the very same community that meets all of my expectations, will meet all of yours, as well? How could the same community meet the expectations of everyone, you might ask? It seems far-fetched, I know. Please, allow me to explain.

Far too many times I find myself yearning for the fresh air and green grass of the country. I find myself gasping for the oxygen that only nature can provide. I begin to feel claustrophobic, trapped behind the walls that the urban sprawl has erected around me. So I flee, bursting forth from out of the pollution that has engulfed my being, running as fast as I can to escape the monotony that has become the life force of the city.

The country becomes my life. The green grass, fresh air and miles of nothing but nature rejuvenate my spirit. I work by the sweat of my brow, farming to keep myself alive and thriving. I bask in the beauty of the world around me.

But as with all things, I grow weary. I once again yearn for the opportunity that beckons me to return to the city. The skyscrapers towering like the limitless possibilities that exist with its walls. I grow tired of toiling in the dirt, expecting to receive the rewards that are rightfully mine, but denied time and again by the greedy hands of the government. And when I return to the city, it's the same story all over again.

If you are like me, you long for a community that will correct these social injustices. You expect a community to meet your every need.

Well friends, that community exists.

I, along with my associates, have created a community that caters to the dream. Ours is a community that will allow you to be who you want to be, do what you want to do, play the way you want to play and work as hard as you want to work in an environment that is supportive, friendly, and, above all, full of opportunity. Ours is a community that not only values your personal taste in natural surroundings, but provides you with the best of both worlds, free of the stigmas that are associated with the "urban snob" and the "country hick!"

I promise you a community that domestically produces everything you can possibly need. And I guarantee that in this community, there is opportunity to advance in the class structure, without fear of falling to the perils of class struggle. We see it this way, do your job well, and get rewarded for it. No questions asked. It will be our little deal. ;)

But wait! How is this possible, you might ask? How is there structure without struggle?

It's easy! Every job is specialized in this community, and every job is of the utmost importance here. Every worker is a valued member of society! You do the work that you were born to do! And if and when you do it well, whatever the "it" may be, you'll be acknowledged for it, guaranteed!

By now, you might be thinking, "this sounds an awful lot like a Utopia..." Well friends, I can promise you, it's not. It's better.

Too many times do the plans for a Utopia fall short. Too many times does the promise of "equality" fall to the harshness of reality. We avoid this here. We don't promise equality for all, but we do promise that you will have nothing but equal opportunity!

Isn't it time to join a community that values every one of its citizens for who they are and what they are able to contribute to the bettering of society? Isn't it time you were happy with your location, no matter where you are? Isn't it time you feel like you're truly and fairly acknowledged for the work you do?

This community has got it all. The only thing that it's missing... is you!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I understand that not everyone will agree with, or appreciate the class structure system. There will be those that will potentially complain about not all being on the same level of income. But, this community never promises equality in wealth amongst all individuals. It does promise the ability to make as much as possible. It's the opportunity that matters in this sense, the possibility. Not a guarantee, which does not exist.

The only individual that I can think of who attempted to create a community like the one I have envisioned is Walt Disney. While he did not see his community to completion, in the sense of a real, working, breathing, environment with citizens - he did conceptualize an community with similar ideals. A diverse environment where everything that one could need was readily available and accessible, with ample opportunity.

While my community is capitalistic, in that people work for what they want, and earn what they deserve, it is not corrupt or malicious towards its citizens. This should be a major drawing point for those that are willing to work for what they want/need... but could also turn down those who are unwilling to work.

With this in mind - I feel that the community I have designed would attract exactly the types of individuals I want to live there - those that are interested in doing what they can to continually better our society, while working to better their personal lives. This belief that "work for the betterment of yourself and your community," paired with the best of all worlds (rural, city, country), will attract a lot, while pushing away the less inclined to our ideals. And that, in my opinion, can only be beneficial.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I believe in being an innovator."

- Walt Disney

No comments:

Post a Comment